Saturday, August 13, 2011

A Shakespearean Adaption of the Frog and the Mouse

Frog: (to mouse) Oh mouse! Oh beloved mouse! Come to my home!

Mouse: How silly ye fool, I cannot swim!

Frog: Thou knave! Why hast thou denied the beloved kingship of the pond?

Mouse: Knave? I am no knave! Tie thou twine to thy leg! Take me with thee to thy kingdom!

Frog: Come! Thy twine hath been twined between us! Come now! Now that thou be so foolish, I shall drown thee in my pond!

Mouse: Barbarian! Squeak! Squeak! Thou hath drowned me! Thou hath killed my beloved nature! (eyelids close)

Stork: (flying overhead) Ahk! Thou insolent amphibian! Ye shall pay for thy evil Deed! (dives down)

Frog: Knave! How dare ye?

Stork: How dare ye murder an innocent mouse such as he was? Thou shall die by my skewering beak!!

Frog: I hath died from thou savage beak!

Stork: Thy blood stings my tongue! (eats mouse next) Sweet, beloved mouse, thou blood soothes! Now our feuds are over. I’ll return to my kingdom if the air, whilst thou rule thy kingdom of eternal darkness however thou pleases. (frog eyes slide shut)

No comments:

Post a Comment