Thursday, June 16, 2011

Pain

I feel it. A knife shoots into my heart, causing pain in my entire body. I am being teased and criticized again. I bite my lip, holding back my tears. I laugh along with the others who hear the man teasing me. It helps to mask the fact that it hurts. I’m standing in the line of fire in battle. Another remark slides from the man’s lips and the group laughs, releasing their arrows at me. I sigh and let loose a slightly hurtful retort. The teaser and his followers lift their heads and guffaw. I turn my back to them, showing that I “won.” I leave the room, not looking back. A swarm of tears fall from my eyes as I hide myself. I feel ashamed. I blow my nose and wash my face, relinquishing all tears and the fact that I had been crying. I re-enter the room, acting as if I wasn’t hurt, as if I am happy. I “laugh” and “smile” with others “cheerily.”

***

I lay in my bed, staring at the ceiling, while recalling the day’s events. Tears slide down my cheeks. I fall asleep, my face still damp from the fresh droplets of pain.


Okay, so I wasn't sure if I had posted this one before, but I thought that either way, I might as well put it up. :D I also figured it went with the Teen Week messages well.

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment