Friday, February 11, 2011

Day 11


Unfortunately, I must fail my followers....I don't like to put up pictures of myself on Blogger. Maybe someday I will, but not right now.

As I don't want this post to be a boring two sentence post, I'm going to make a normal blog post not doing this 28 Days thing. Just talking about....myself and everything else a blogger is supposed to talk about.

Originally, I would throw the word "hockey" out there and start talking about hockey and sports and all those wonderful things in the world, but you know, I'm not in a sports mood today. I'm in a...Princess Bride mood.

You're probably thinking, a WHAT mood?!

The Princess Bride. One of the best movies on the planet. The best.

The Princess Bride. *sighs*

The Grandson: A book?
Grandpa: That's right. When I was your age, television was called books. And this is a special book. It was the book my father used to read to me when I was sick, and I used to read it to your father. And today I'm gonna read it to you.
The Grandson: Has it got any sports in it?
Grandpa: Are you kidding? Fencing, fighting, torture, revenge, giants, monsters, chases, escapes, true love, miracles...
The Grandson: Doesn't sound too bad. I'll try to stay awake.
Grandpa: Oh, well, thank you very much, very nice of you. Your vote of confidence is overwhelming.

And so...the movie begins.

Grandpa: [voiceover] Nothing gave Buttercup as much pleasure as ordering Westley around.
Buttercup: Farm boy, polish my horse's saddle. I want to see my face shining in it by morning.
Westley: As you wish.
Grandpa: [voiceover] "As you wish" was all he ever said to her.
Buttercup: Farm boy, fill these with water - please.
Westley: As you wish.
Grandpa: [voiceover] That day, she was amazed to discover that when he was saying "As you wish", what he meant was, "I love you." And even more amazing was the day she realized she truly loved him back.
Buttercup: Farm boy... fetch me that pitcher.
[
It's right over her head, so he has to stand next to her]
Westley: As you wish.
[
Cut to them kissing]
The Grandson: [interrupting] Hold it, hold it. What is this? Are you trying to trick me? Where's the sports?
[
suspiciously]
The Grandson: Is this a kissing book?
Grandpa: Wait, just wait.
The Grandson: Well, when does it get good?
Grandpa: Keep your shirt on, and let me read.

Okay....let's continue....

(now I'm basically gonna skip around over the best quotes.)

Westley: Hear this now: I will always come for you.
Buttercup: But how can you be sure?
Westley: This is true love - you think this happens every day?

Later in the movie....

Westley: I told you I would always come for you. Why didn't you wait for me?
Buttercup: Well... you were dead.
Westley: Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while.
Buttercup: I will never doubt again.
Westley: There will never be a need.

You've gotta love these next guys.

Fezzik: You never said anything about killing anyone.
Vizzini: I've hired you to help me start a war. It's an prestigious line of work, with a long and glorious tradition.
Fezzik: I just don't think it's right, killing an innocent girl.
Vizzini: Am I going MAD, or did the word "think" escape your lips? You were not hired for your brains, you hippopotamic land mass.
Inigo Montoya: I agree with Fezzik.
Vizzini: Oh, the sot has spoken. What happens to her is not truly your concern. I will kill her. And remember this, never forget this: when I found you, you were so slobbering drunk, you couldn't buy Brandy!
[
turning to Fezzik]
Vizzini: And you: friendless, brainless, helpless, hopeless! Do you want me to send you back to where you were? Unemployed in Greenland!

And more?

Inigo Montoya: That Vizzini, he can *fuss*.
Fezzik: Fuss, fuss... I think he like to scream at *us*.
Inigo Montoya: Probably he means no *harm*.
Fezzik: He's really very short on *charm*.
Inigo Montoya: You have a great gift for rhyme.
Fezzik: Yes, yes, some of the time.
Vizzini: Enough of that.
Inigo Montoya: Fezzik, are there rocks ahead?
Fezzik: If there are, we all be dead.
Vizzini: No more rhymes now, I mean it.
Fezzik: Anybody want a peanut?
Vizzini: DYEEAAHHHHHH.

I believe that that it enough for you to get the picture of the movie, you definitely should watch it! Definitely!

Angela

3 comments:

  1. I'm not posting pictures of my face on blogger either. so don't feel alone :] I haven't seen that movie but I've heard that its REALLY good!

    much love,
    Samarah♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes....love that movie!!! Haha, Wesley is totally and utterly awesome. (:

    ~Lily

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's definitely something to take the time to watch. Unfortunately, our copy is broken....:( it skips 40 minutes.....

    ~Angela

    ReplyDelete