Saturday, April 9, 2011

Bible Verses Galore

For those of you who don't like reading a bunch of Bible verses, which I assume and hope is none of you, you should probably stop following my blog now. Recently, I've been keeping a notebook for when I read my Bible. When I find a verse that I feel is really important or could help me through something when I come upon it, I write down the reference and what it could help me with in my notebook. I also underline the verse in my Bible with a blue highlighter/Sharpie. When I do this, I try to find really good verses and I feel likes it's helping me, because it keeps me reading my Bible more and helps me understand it a little bit better.

For those of you Science geeks who have taken Biology or some class where you dissect an animal or insect, I feel that's what I'm doing with my Bible. After I read through a passage once, I read through it again and make sure I know what every word means. If I don't know what a word means, I go into my brother's room and he kindly tells me. (I really need a nice dictionary in my room.) Once I know what all the words mean, I start "dissecting" the verse/passage. I don't want to read on until I understand what it means and how it could help me.

Right now, I'm reading 1 Samuel and when I'm done with 2 or 3 chapters in the book, I look through Psalms and Proverbs and randomly pick out some chapters to "dissect." In 1 Samuel, since it's kind of harder to "dissect" because people are talking more and it's more telling you a story, I don't dissect. I write down, in my Bible, anything I don't understand or questions I have about a certain sentence and then at the end of reading that chapter I'll go to one of my youth pastors and have him try to answer some of the questions.

Now, after you had to read through everything I had to say, I will start posting some of the verses that I have written down in my notebook.

How good and pleasant it is
when God’s people live together in unity!
Psalms 133:1

Daughters of Jerusalem, I charge you:
Do not arouse or awaken love
until it so desires.
Song of Songs 8:4

Keep me safe, my God,
for in you I take refuge.
Psalms 16:1

For the LORD your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God.

Deuteronomy 4:24


I love all of those verses, for many different reasons. Now, I have to get ready for my soccer game. Wish me luck! =P

Jesus Loves You!

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment