Tuesday, April 5, 2011

storms and apples

I am no doubt terrified of thunderstorms, tornadoes, hurricanes, thunder, lightning, wind.....yes, should I continue?

Hearing on the Weather Channel that half of the US was going to be having severe thunderstorms was really hard for me. Really. My stomach curled into tight knots and suddenly wasn't too happy anymore. Last night was when the storm hit, but it wasn't as big as the weatherman/woman made it up to be. The southern part of the US got worse than we got. We didn't get any tornadoes. We didn't get severe thunderstorms, only basic thunderstorms.....which made me slightly happy. I was hoping I'd sleep through it all, but no....I just had to wake up at 3:20 to the sound of guess what.....thunder. Whoop-dee-doo. I slept in the hallway for an hour. Yes, I'm not kidding, I really did sleep in the hallway. Why, you ask? Well, it's totally obvious. You can't see the lightning and it's not that loud and.....well, there's no windows in the hallway.....that was basically my night though......

Moving on to yesterday morning. I'll start with the good news. I cut an apple for the first time ever! The bad news, I sliced my finger open in the process. Yeah, it was a really stupid thing on my part. The knife wasn't exactly going through the apple when it was on the cutting board, so I picked up the apple. The knife when through the apple faster than I thought it would and guess what was under the apple. My hand! Yippee. I'm proud of my accomplishment though.

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment