Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A few minutes ago I was just sitting on my bed listening to Hawk Nelson and I felt slightly bored. I wasn’t exactly sure what to do, so I glanced around my room, trying to use my awesome brain power skills to come up with something totally awesome, yet silent, since dad and Lucas are in bed…..my eyes passed over many things…..

My guitar. Out of the question. Too loud.

Eating candy. No way. It’s late and I had my dosage of sugar today.

Sudoku puzzles. Eh….fun, but it’s just one of those things I really don’t feel like doing.

Cleaning my room. Yeah, right.

Drawing. I can’t think of anything to draw.

Reading my Bible. I’d say “YES” automatically, but I like to read my Bible right before I go to bed and I’m not quite tired enough yet.

My laptop. Yes! writing!

That’s really what went through my mind……so, I picked up my laptop, opened it up and…..turned on Windows Live Writer so I could write!!!! I haven’t written something real in a while….of course I’ve written blog posts, homework and e-mails, but I felt that it was time to write something real. If you know what I mean. So after this….quite long introduction, my writings:

The water ran over Aidan’s feet as he stood on the shore, gazing out at the sunset. Orange and pink dribbled across the sky, painting a gorgeous display. Aidan crouched and let his hand run across the sand. Scooping some up into his palm, he slowly let it fall in between his fingers and back to its resting place. Sighing, he stood up and turned his back to the work of art plastered over the fading blue. Sadly, he walked away from the art, from the sand, from the incoming tide, trying to push away the pain. A tear slid down his cheek.

That was basically something that popped into my mind as I racked my brain for ideas. I seriously would finish it, but I feel it’s better left as it is. Now, my needs have been satisfied. :D

Over and Out.

Angela

2 comments:

  1. Love it!! haha I wake up early a lot :D

    Catie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, I love that list of things to do!!! Totally something that would go through my head. ;)

    This excerpt is really cool! And I get what you mean about your 'need' to write----sometimes, all that gets me through the day is writing and writing and writing.

    Thank Heaven for words. (:

    ReplyDelete