Sunday, March 27, 2011

More Bible Verses

I came across some more Bible verses today that I really enjoyed and I thought you guys might too. (Honestly, I don't know what else to post and I figure this should come before talking about things happening in my life....involving church, which WILL wrap up the end of this post.)

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.

Joshua 1:9

The verse above can help you when you are feeling scared or nervous or basically....just alone or out of place....I know I'll keep this verse in my heart and try to remember it at my times of need involving fear.

"Do I bring to the moment of birth
and not give delivery?” says the LORD.
“Do I close up the womb
when I bring to delivery?” says your God.

Isaiah 66:9

Isaiah, I've found is a slightly confusing book, as is this verse, but when I read it I basically see.....God is almighty and powerful. God has a choice too, as do us humans. His choice is always for the greater though, ours most of the time....for the worse. The verse above shows me that he really has power over these things. That he can really control what happens at birth and that he really does. I don't know if you guys feel the same way about that verse or not, but I felt comfort when reading it and threw it up here along with the rest of these verses.

Though I am free and belong to no one, I have made myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible.

1 Corinthians 9:19

That verse was one of the many that the apostle Paul wrote. I don't understand it that much, but I felt that it was a good one to put up.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Okay, so I was on Group1Crew.com today and I came across a few of these Bible verses that I put up, okay....all of them.....but I felt they related to them, I don't just like them because Group 1 Crew posted them, I'm not obsessed.

Anyway....a while ago Pablo put up something on the website about a sign he saw. It really caught my eye and got me thinking, here's what it said:

People can be divided into 3 basic groups:
  • Those who make things happen
  • Those who watch things happen
  • Those who wonder what happened
I probably fall into all the groups, at different times though....it sort of depends on the situation I guess. That's probably bad of me, because we should all be the top one. (I'm sure we all agree on that.) But sometimes, either on accident or not, we do fall into those other categories. I'm asking for your prayer that I can stick with the top group and I'll pray for you guys and that you can try your best for God's glory to stick with that group too!

- - - - - - - - - -

Today at church they have a baptism ceremony.
27 people participated, from young children to adults.
I was one of them.
I'd like to say I'm prideful that I did it, but I'm not really, I'm just happy that God's happy.
I was pretty nervous before I went on....I was a lot nervous when I went on. (Went on, being on the stage.)
I said some stupid things like, "The water's really warm" or...."that's a lot of people." I wouldn't have minded much had there not of been a microphone....so the whole congregation heard those little comments....O_o
I shared my testimony. I got baptized and when I came out of the water.....I accidentally spit all over the youth pastor.......it was awful....utterly awful.......most people WOULDN'T have noticed it had he not of said, "Well, I've never had someone spit on me before during a baptism, but there's always a first, right?" Then everybody laughed.......shows you how stupid I can be. Haha.

Anyway, I enjoyed it and I'm happy that I did it....so.....

I'm outta here....I want to watch tv and eat a piece of cheesecake. :D I love cheesecake.

And a closing verse.....

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

Phillipians 4:4-8

That's a verse I love, but I couldn't remember the reference and my brother told me!!! Yay Zechariah!

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment