Sunday, March 6, 2011

Pigtails, Hair Ribbons and Children

Pigtails and rich red hair ribbons, along with a solid red long sleeve shirt. That was my outfit today. A few said I was "cute" others said "weird" I say....."different"

I love dressing up in different ways. It makes me stand out as a person and it shows off my unique style, along with my two other friends of course. But even still, our outfits aren't exactly the same. Anyway, our sunday school lesson was on....Reading Your Bible: The Daily Dos. Yeah, it's a weird title. Pastor Josh is away visiting family, so a "sub" was teaching. He's a little bit older, but he still has a good sense of humor and he knows a lot about the Bible. He spoke on how when we pray and read our Bible we should have the three Dos.

1. Have a set place.
2. Have a set time.
3. Have a set routine.

And then...the information on them.....

1. You should pray and read your Bible in the same place. It should be a place without any distractions, with just you and your Bible. It can be outside somewhere: in your backyard, in the bed of your pick-up truck, on your driveway, on your deck, on your porch, or on your swing set.

2. You should have a set time so you make sure you can keep your schedule open at that time.

3. You shouldn't just open up your Bible randomly and read at a spot, you should try to read through the Bible in order or one book at a time.

Now, the children part comes in.

I love kids. Absolutely adore kids.

My love language is gifts supposedly. I love giving gifts. Especially to little kids. Mostly candy, because I know they love it. Or silly bands, because kids love silly bands.

I become attached to kids, especially the cute ones.

Wow, I went into that long spiel when all I really meant to do was tell you about the adorable kids at church.

A lot of the kids at church are....I use the word again....adorable. I love them. I've worked at baby-sitting some of them along with other teens helping me. (For activities at church where child care is needed.) I've given gifts to children. Again, my love language. I would probably do anything for some of those little kids, at least to my abilities.

That was all really a bunch of rambles, but children were on my mind and I just felt like talking about them. Haha. *insert belly laugh*

I'm going to a roller skating party tonight. I'm also taking a baptism class, because I haven't been baptized. I'm really excited about both.

And to wrap it all up.

LORD, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done wonderful things, things planned long ago.

~Isaiah 25:1

Angela

1 comment:

  1. Those are really good points!!!! I used to read my Bible at random, but not anymore. (:
    And I LOVE little kids too!!!! They're so happy, and cute, and loveable....I just love them. (:

    ~Lily

    ReplyDelete