Friday, July 23, 2010

Germs...Blech...

I'm finally getting over this cold. I had a fever monday, tuesday, wednesday AND thursday, quite unfortunate actually. And to top it all off I have an ear infection! But now, no fever, just ear infection and sniffles, I'm almost completely healed. My laptop, unfortunately is not working correctly, three of my keys aren't working and it's really a bother.
Now enough of my unfortunate events, let me start telling you of camp and everything. Camp was extremely exciting. I met quite a few new people and I'm happy about that. The Bible lesson topic was on "Young People." You're probably saying, "Young people? how is that a Bible lesson?" Well, Young people CAN make a difference. Take Daniel for instance, he had the courage to enter the lions' den and believe it or not, he was a YOUNG person and changed the King's mind on God! What about the boy who gave up his lunch to feed the crowd? He was a YOUNG person and he gave up all that he had for others! What about David? He killed Goliath! He was prepared for what he needed to do. He was also a YOUNG person! What about Samuel? He spent his life living in a temple! He spoke to God! He was a YOUNG person! That's a recap of the Bible lessons from camp.
I do have to tell this, because this is a funny story. At camp the bunk arrangements were a little funky...four sets of bunks with about a foot and a half gap between the sets, twelve beds in each set. So I was up on a top bunk. Now, before I continue I must say that I am accident prone...(this is bad when you are on a top bunk.) I was doing good the first couple days, I hadn't gotten hurt or anything! I was so proud of myself! Well, my friend Grace and I had invented a bunch of ways of getting onto the top bunks, since they were all connected and there were no bars to use to climb up. So our favorite way was run up, reach up and plant your hands on your bunk and the bunk to your left. Push off and fling yourself onto your bunk. It was so cool and so much fun! Well, Grace was already on her bunk so I decided it might be cool to scare her when I climbed up onto my bunk! I was climbing up had my hands planted I was halfway through the swinging part when....my left elbow buckled....I plummeted to the floor, slamming my head on the lower bunks bar....it was quite unfortunate, but then when I was walking around with a goose egg and an ice pack on my head I could say, "Look I fell off a bunk! Isn't that funny?" It ended up turning out cool now that I think about it.
After camp was over, I went over to my awesome cousins house (Callie and Ben.) Not long after I got there (it was a windy day) we realized that a bird's nest had fallen out of a tree! Two little baby birds were on the ground with no mother...we took charge and dug up worms....out of the ground....to feed the poor birds. We were having so much fun with them and were going to move them up to the tree house so that the cat couldn't get them, then we had to go eat dinner...so we covered up the birds for protection from the cat and ate dinner. When we came back out and lifted the cover, only one bird was there, and....it....was.....dead. We knew what the cat had done! We searched the grass for the other bird and soon found it....also dead. It was so sad. Well, after we had nothing to do we were bored out of our minds and we thought. Hey! What if we have a funeral service for the birds???? We can dress up in black and then bury them!!!!! We did that and it was fun. I have a video of it but I do not have the patience to load it at the time being...
Over and Out,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment