Sunday, December 26, 2010

Overwhelming Heat

Today has been such a bad day.

To start it all off, at 6:30 or earlier, I had an asthma attack. I was coughing and couldn’t breath too well. I knew that I needed to get my inhaler, which was in my bag downstairs. I climbed out of bed, only to realize that I couldn’t stand up so well. I felt extremely dizzy and didn’t want to walk all the way down the hallway and attempt to go downstairs, get the inhaler and come back up, so I didn’t. I crawled back into bed and coughed and coughed and coughed. I tried to call out to mom, so she could go get my inhaler, but as I couldn’t breath that well, I couldn’t get enough air to talk. Finally, after a long period of trying to catch my breath, I started breathing better and the coughing calmed down. I was exhausted. I fell asleep.

Then, twenty-five minutes later, I awoke, so I could get ready for church, when I realized I didn’t feel all that well. In a few minutes mom came into my room and stated, “You don’t look very good.” She felt my forehead and said, “Honey, I think you have a fever.” She departed, to find the thermometer, and I stayed put, lying in my bed. When she returned, she stuck the thermometer into my mouth. I had a 103.9 fever. Not good. Mom insisted on taking me into the ER, but I refused. Out of all the things in the world that I hate the most, going to the ER is one of them. I lay in bed, after taking Advil. Although I didn’t get to church, I got some rest and watched a bunch of movies. I watched: A Christmas Carol (Disney), How To Train Your Dragon (DreamWorks), Because of Winn-Dixie, and Beauty and the Beast twice. I love all those movies, except for Winn-Dixie. I don’t like that movie very much. Now, I am typing this up.

To top it all off, tomorrow my family and I are leaving for Ohio for a few days to visit family. We do this once a year and all stay at this lodge. Now..since I have a fever, I can’t go….:( So I’m staying here with my dad, because he has to work, while mom, Zechariah and Lucas leave for Ohio. WAH!!!!

********

I did get some interesting Christmas presents though, so maybe I can use some of those to entertain myself…sort of….

I got two shirts, a pair of Puma tennis shoes, a pair of flip-flops I’ve been wanting for a while, a new sketchpad, a Webkinz (an adorable moose that I named Spritz), two boxes of jelly beans, a pack of silly bands, a wood burning kit (which is a slight joke), a calendar, a new journal, a drawing, new guitar picks, two books (Reckless by Cornelia Funke and Hood by Lawhead…hehe, I don’t remember his first name…), two gift cards (iTunes and Books A Million), a deck of cards, an white knit hat with a bill, and then some family presents (which consist of Wii games and movies), oh! and I got an ornament. Zechariah, Lucas and I all get ornaments every Christmas. This year mine was Pooh and Piglet. :D I was happy with it. :D

If there’s anything else I got, I’m sorry because I can’t remember it, but if I do, then I will tell you! OH! I remembered something. I got a Stellar Kart CD. :D

Yep, so that’s my Christmas. :)

Over and Out.

Angela

2 comments:

  1. *hugs* I was sick too! Though I just have the flu....and my fever wasn't that high. :( I'm sorry you can't go to the lodge! I'll pray that a miracle might happen, and you end up going!!!!

    Oooh....which Stellar Kart cd?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The newest one: Everything is Different Now. :D

    Actually, I'm not going...they already left...I'd rather stay here though, than go and get my cousins sick...:(

    --Angela

    ReplyDelete