Saturday, December 18, 2010

Sadness, a writing by Angela

A tear, lone and sad, slides down my cheek. Again, I sit alone in a corner, watching life blur past me at high speeds. As I stand, another tear drops from my eye, landing silently onto the dirty floor. I walk away from the “Populars” and make my way out of the room. I’d always heard this place was to be fun and happy, but that’s not how I fell now. Silently, I stand near the door, wondering if I should take a second chance for someone to notice me. Sliding my foot back into the room, I enter again, to see people chattering happily with each other. I retake my seat in the back, when a man steps to the front of the room calling, “Bring it on in guys! Have a seat!” A thought crosses my mind and I quickly jump up, plopping myself into a seat in the front row. The lesson, (or something like that) starts, and I feel happy, because the man speaking emanates joy vigorously. He stops and we do a strange thing. We pray. The man dismisses us. Staying seated, I wait for someone to come to me, but the hope falls. Crying again, I stand, a sinking feeling now in my stomach, and walk from the room, leaving the newfound joy forever. I am just as alone as ever.

This writing is basically showing about a kid walking into a church for youth group and not having anyone talk to him/her. When the speaker starts, he feels happy. He feels like everything can be made better. He feels he finally found his place, then…sadly, no one talks to him.

What is happening here? This is real life people! These things happen! And yes, they do happen in our churches. You can’t just leave people sitting around because you don’t know them, or because you have other friends, or just because you don’t want more close friends.

In these times, YOU are missing opportunities to share your faith. To show that you can be kind and you can live for God.

If you can do these things and if I can do these things, then why are there still people sitting around alone, in school, at home, even at CHURCH EVENTS!!!!!!!

Take a stand. Show others who you are as a Christian and step out there. Shine your light. Start with the kids who have no friends; the ones who don’t have anything at all.

Over and Out.

Angela

1 comment:

  1. Wow....that was really eye-opening, Angela.
    It is so important for us to show God's love, especially to the kids who are lonely. Thanks for writing!!! It was great (in a really sad sort of way ;)

    ~Lily

    ReplyDelete