Saturday, January 1, 2011

Inception Review

There are many words to describe this movie. Ever so many. Only one word can give you an full and thorough explanation of the movie though: AWESOME!

I really really really dislike Leonardo DiCaprio, but I thought he did okay in this movie. Okay, okay, you got me. I thought he was the perfect actor to play Cobb. I’m sure another actor could have done great too, but no matter all my hate towards the man, he did really good.

Before I saw this movie, I had heard the comments of my friends and family on it. Everything I heard had claimed that the movie was confusing and hard to understand. I’m sure I missed a few things, but I thought the movie in general was quite easy to comprehend. The one thing that many of you would say is hard to understand is the question: Was the whole thing a dream? Or….was just the end a dream?

The characters were pretty sweet and well developed. My favorite character was definitely Arthur, although Eames was pretty beast too. One of my favorite things about Arthur is his “secret” love for Ariadne. This was shown in a dream. The subconscious was catching on or whatever. They were sitting on a bench, waiting for their signal. The people were all looking for them (or something like that) so Ariadne asks, “What should we do?” Arthur says, “Quick! Kiss me!” So she does. Then when the people are still looking at them, she asks, “Why didn’t that work?”

I thought that scene was pretty funny.

I really didn’t like Mal, but it was essential for her to be in it. (For those of you who have seen this movie, you know why.) I thought the movie was really really good and I definitely be watching it again.

It is NOT a good movie for young children. I would say 12+. Otherwise, definitely watch it. And (even though you may not like this) I suggest watching it with subtitles. Subtitles will really help you catch some of the things you wouldn’t normally.

My Rating: 5 Stars

Over and Out.

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment