Monday, January 24, 2011

NFL Playoffs

Aahhhh…..Sundays…..

I am guilty. Guilty of being a twelve-year old (almost thirteen) sports nerd. And yes, a girl can be obsessed with sports. I am living, breathing proof.

Sundays are football days. Normally, I don’t HAVE to watch a game unless it’s my favorite team, which is the Saints. (And no, I don’t like the Saints because they won the Super Bowl last year. I liked the Saints all of 2009.) The only exceptions are if there is a really good game being played….or….the playoffs. This is the first year I’ve really been involved in being a majorly epic sports fan. I mean, I was a fan before, but not huge.

I don’t know how many of you people do this, but I do. Before the playoffs every year, once we know who’s playing in them, my family makes picks. Picks are where you choose what two teams are going to be in the Super Bowl and who’s going to win.

My picks: Steelers vs. Packers.

Packers will win.

The Packers are in the Super Bowl. YES! Just what I needed. And….the Steelers are playing the deciding game right now against the New York Jets.

*sighs*

Boy, do I love sports.

I believe that the Packers deserve a Super Bowl win. Aaron Rodgers, number twelve, is the Packers quarterback. He is….on fire! At the time he is the epic quarterback! Although he didn’t play the best game today against the Bears, he has what it takes to bring his team to glory.

My temptation has finally taken hold. I have made a sports post. I am sorry for the boring words being typed by my fingers, but once I start I have to keep going.

The Washington Capitals.

The used to be best team in the NHL.

Some of the best players in the league play on the team.

Alex Ovechkin.

Nicklas Backstrom.

Mike Green.

Alexander Semin.

Four great players.

All of them are having a bad year.

After all the complete and utter failing the CAPS have done throughout the season, they finally pull of a win streak! Two games. I know it’s not much, but it’s better than a loss streak, right? And we’re like…9th in the league, which isn’t all that bad.

Tomorrow, they play an extremely tough game against the New York Rangers. The Rangers have great stats so far this year and have beat us pretty bad this season. A win we need and a loss they need.

In the last game, against the Toronto Maple Leafs, Alex Ovechkin, who in my opinion has been playing absolutely awful this season, scored a hat trick. It took long enough for him to finally step up his game, but he did and it brought us a win.

Alexander Semin, number 28, played well at the start of the season, but has been injured recently and hasn’t played. His contract ends this year. Unfortunately, I don’t think that the Caps will have him sign for a longer contract. Also, I think that Bruce Boudreau, the coach MAY be fired. He really hasn’t helped the team much and I couldn’t care less, because I never really liked him.

Wow, that felt good to talk about sports. I could talk more and more and more about sports, but my bed calls.

I’m actually thinking about starting another blog, which would be a Capitals blog and only a Capitals blog, but I’m not sure if I want to do that or not.

Over and Out.

Angela

(Well….I typed this post out last night, but my internet shut off, so I couldn’t post it then…:( So, I posted it today instead. ;) )

1 comment:

  1. yes!! Go Packs!! :) Aaron Rogers is one of the best QB :)

    much love,
    Samarah

    ReplyDelete