Sunday, October 31, 2010

What Would Jesus Do?

As I was sitting here tonight, looking at other people’s blogs, I decided to check my own out, so I went to my blog dashboard and realized: No one is commenting on my blog, so that means no one is reading my blog (read last blog post.) I was starting to get discouraged and I didn’t think it was worth posting any more posts. I thought I would post my last post about I was sorry that I wasn’t posting anymore…blah blah blah, but then a thought crossed my mind: What Would Jesus Do? It struck me that I could make a difference through my blog posts. I could show people what it’s like to just share about God’s love. God wouldn’t want me to quit when I’ve barely started. So I made a choice. No matter how many people read my blog or comment or even follow my blog, I will keep posting. Why? Because this is a way of sharing faith, a way of talking freely about my beliefs.

I was reading Owl City’s blog. Their lead singer posted something recently. A song. A song that he recorded. You know what that song was? In Christ Alone. A great song that! I had known that Adam was a Christian, but this was so cool to see him posting this. I loved it and listened to it over and over and over again. I like how he recorded it and it’s really encouraging. I suggest that you check it out.

Also, here I am with Day 30 and 31. My last two days.

Day 30- My favorite song at this time.

See, I would have said something like Your Love Is A Song by Switchfoot or maybe something like Castaway by Chasen or Your Are More by Tenth Avenue North, but I’ve said earlier, In Christ Alone. A great song. See I like Chris Tomlin’s version and I’ve heard all the other versions out there, but my all time favorite is Adam’s version. Right now that is my all-time favorite song.

Day 31- Halloween. What I did.

So…my county’s trick-or-treating was last night and I had made plans. Great plans. See, I would have gone trick-or-treating, but I wasn’t so sure. I wanted to do something better than that. I wanted to do something crazy awesome. I wanted to scare people. So, I put my plan into action. I dressed up as a scarecrow. I had Cabela’s hiking boots on, overalls, a flannel jacket, a pillowcase over my head with a face glued on it, a straw hat, work gloves, straw sticking out of holes, and a bandana. I sat on the porch with a bowl of candy in my lap with my hands resting on the rims of the bowl. My dad sat across from me telling kids to take only one piece out of the bowl. Depending on the age, when the kid or teenager would stick there hand into the bowl, I’d grab them. It was beautiful. I scared a bunch of kids out of their wits and a few just jumped. I had a lot of fun with it and I had a great Halloween. And you gotta love all the little kids dressed up in the adorable costumes. I saw a Buzz Lightyear and it was my favorite costume of the night. The boy was about three years old and had the suit on. He had little blow-up wings attached to his back and each time he turned they hit people. He was absolutely adorable. Next year though I think I’ll actually take on the trick-or-treating. :D

Angela, the scarecrow!!!!!! DUN-DUN-DUNNNNN!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Keep posting, Angela! Even if people aren't commenting, it doesn't mean they aren't reading!!!

    ReplyDelete