Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving- Part 2

The food was great. I enjoyed every bit of it! (except for the stuffing…I hate stuffing.) I enjoyed spending time with my family and laughing a lot.

Thanks. Giving. The time to give thanks.

Thanks. Giving. The time to eat food.

Thanks. Giving. The time to have fun with your family.

Thanks. Giving. The time to watch the Macy’s Day Parade.

Thanks. Giving. The time to watch football. (The Saints won by the way, for those of you who care. *myself*)

Thanks. Giving. The time to remember the pilgrims.

Thanks. Giving. The time to pack your sleeping bag so you can spend the night in line in front of a store.

We do all these things, but do you ever feel that there’s something missing? Something that you are obviously skipping over every year?

Yesterday as I was pondering and thinking about the pilgrims in my mind. (preparing for my post) While doing so I thought of it. The thing I’ve been missing all these years. God. See, we do all the things I said above, but the one thing we don’t do is worship God. Don’t get me wrong, I pray and everything before the big meal, but is that it? I say the things I’m thankful for, the top on the list, my relationship with Christ. Is that it? Yes, I don’t really do much for God on Thanksgiving or about God. Yesterday, when I thought of all the things the pilgrims would be thankful for after their long journey. I could only think of one. That God kept them safe.

Why can’t we celebrate Thanksgiving for God? The thing we’re all missing is that we have to give thanks to God for keeping the pilgrims safe. If they all died on the boat, or if they just never made it to America….would we be alive today? If we truly thank God for the food and mean it with all our heart, is that better than praying over it normally? If we spend time with family and show love toward them is that better than just spending time with family and laughing with them? Think about this today.

Over and Out.

Angela

By the way, I have a question. Why would ANYONE go shopping that early???

2 comments:

  1. *gasps* I hate stuffing too!!! *highfives*
    Very good post, by the way. This Thanksgiving, I really focused on all God has given me. I wonder why /this/ year has made us all open our eyes to all that God has given us.

    ~lily

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that God wants us (our generation of believers) to realize something and do something about it.

    *Angela*

    ReplyDelete